Consciously or sub-consciously, I do adhere to Plato’s dictum and spend a considerable amount of energy (and brain cells) to examine my life and myself.
Sometimes, it’s amazing what I see when I scribble these notes down…
Currently, I seem to have the longest list of things I’m not doing:
- Reading Muslim Zion, a book I began reading over a month ago.
- Reading Rebel Queen, a book I began reading last week for a reader’s circle and have yet to finish the first chapter.
- Smoking. I haven’t smoked in 19 days in an attempt to quit.
- Completing my work time-sheets. What’s the point of working if I am not documenting it the way I should? I have more than two weeks to finish now.
- Cooking. I made a huge fuss about having a proper kitchen but I haven’t cooked more than one dish in the past week.
- Exercising. One of the reasons I wanted to quit smoking was to start exercising. I blame the winter.
- Paternity classes. I should’ve signed up months ago. All the classes must be full now.
- Article for an expat journal. Should’ve finished and submitted this piece more than a month ago. Just might be too late now.
- Mom’s UK visa application. Need her to be there when the baby arrives.
- Trim and tidy up my social accounts — this is a long and arduous task that I’ve been putting off for a while. Glad I did it for Twitter at least.
- Make my own website, just for practice, to stay in touch with my inner front-end, back-end, coder, designer self.
- Get the toaster repaired over the weekend. Yes, another weekend’s gone so this just gets carried forward to the next weekend now.
- Laundry. If you know anything about me, you’d know I hate doing my laundry. I haven’t done it once since I’ve moved to London. I can’t keep counting on others to do it for me.
- Shopping. I’ve run out of sweaters and need to get a cool hat that keeps me warm. I also need to top-up on grocery supplies.
- I’ve owed Z a massage for the longest time now. This week I better do it. She’s carrying my baby after all.
Didn’t expect that list to go up to 15 items! I better get started with my time-sheets for a head-start!